- MATX 601 Texts and Textuality
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores theories of texts and textuality as they relate to the study of media, the arts and discourse of any kind.
- Fall 2018: David Golumbia
Fall 2017: David Golumbia
- MATX 602 History of Media Art & Text
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Examines the history of communication technologies in their social and cultural contexts, with an emphasis on the development of contemporary digital technology and new media. Students will explore how the interactions between communication practices and technologies are related to institutions, identity formation, cultural values, social practices and economic conditions.
- Fall 2018: Richard Fine
Fall 2017: Jennifer Rhee
- MATX 603 History of Multimedia and Interdisciplinarity
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Explores the history of disciplines and media and studies the implications for scholarly and creative practice of crossing boundaries between disciplines and media.
- Spring 2018: Hong Chen
- Spring 2017: Hong Chen
- MATX 604 Workshop
- Semester course; three lecture hours. Three credits. Provides the opportunity to develop and expand knowledge of specific production technologies needed for e-portfolio website and to study and practice professional and/or creative skills that students are contemplating using in their doctoral work.
- Spring 2018: Michael Hall
- Spring 2017: Eric Garberson